My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://codykimmel.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The God of Providence

"What a serene and quiet life might you lead if you would leave providing to the God of providence." -Charles Spurgeon

What a piercing and convicting observation! It seems no matter how much confidence I might put in God's power to save me from sin, I always wain in my confidence in His power to save me from starvation, sleeplessness, and want. His eye is on the sparrow. His care is for the lilies. Why am I convinced that His provision does not apply to my families physical needs? This last year, the theme of what God has done in our family is break down our comforts so we have to depend on him. He has either not given us the jobs we wanted and thought we needed or not given them when we wanted them. He has put a curse on both our vehicles (not really, but it sure has seemed like it). He has moved us away from our friends and put us in a position where we either have to run scared or rely on Him and Him alone for our provision, security, strength, and peace. It has in many ways been the hardest year either of us have experienced, but it has also been the best. We worship the God of providence and are wrapped up in his arms, like sheep in his pasture we are under the protection of his mighty staff. What a struggle faith can be and how quickly faithlessness can overcome me, in spite of God's perfect track record in faithfulness! His eye is on the sparrow. His care is for the lilies. His strength is for the weak. His kingdom is for the poor.

Lord Jesus let us never forget that you are the God of providence and our daily provision. Help us to put our trust in you!

No comments: