My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://codykimmel.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

God is!

“God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”” Exodus 3:14


God is the subject that needs no predicate and the subject upon which all of creation is predicated. God is. When God reveals his name to Moses, we get a glimpse into the all encompassing supremeness of God over creation. What an amazing moment! Moses in either a fit of great stupidity or great faith (or both) dares ask the God of the universe his name. And God responds with "I AM WHO I AM!" I can feel the same chills that Moses felt as he heard those words boom from the burning bush. In a single verb God revealed His character. This is the God of Jacob, and of Isaac, and of Abraham. This is the God who will redeem Israel from Egypt and the same God who stooped to save us by becoming a man, dying, and resurrecting. He is the same God we worship today and the same Spirit dwelling inside this church. He is the great, "I AM!" If this is the summary of His revealed character to man, we must ask the question of where he is in our lives. Is God just one of the many subjects that our lives are centered around? Is he fighting against our own "I am-ness?" Or does he serve his rightful place as the only supreme verb of being of which our entire lives center around? Does God reign supreme in our lives? We are fallen and broken and our flesh is at war with the sovereignty of God at all times. I pray however that we would fight daily to allow God to reign in our lives always, that His name, "I AM" would move us to worship him, and that our actions would reflect His sovereignty.

Lord Jesus, be supreme in our lives and break us from any and all rebellion in our own hearts!

No comments: