My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://codykimmel.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Being in God's Presence

And he was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven." Genesis 28:17

Every moment I spend in the presence of God is like walking unarmed into a den of hungry lions. In an instant God could end me, punish me, and devour me in his righteous and wrathful hunger. But He chooses not too. He stays the mouths of the lions and allows me into His presence unharmed by His mighty power. Even though God has chosen to withhold his judgment on us because of Christ, the proper attitude we should have when in the presence of God is fear that ends in worship. When Jacob saw the vision of God at Bethel, he was afraid and proclaimed the awesomeness of God. Sadly, I believe I have forgotten the lions mouth as I enter into His presence. He is the lamb, but he is also the lion. We are held and kept from utter destruction and violent ends by His unmerited favor and choice, and the string with which we are held above hell is strengthened only by his will and exists only because of Jesus.

Lord Jesus, let us never forget the mighty power and awe of being in your presence. Give us fear in your house, and let us worship you forever!

No comments: