My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://codykimmel.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

With Us in the Prisons

"But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison." Genesis 39:21

I often times believe that God only shows his steadfast love to me while things are going well. I will get the job I was wanting, or an unexpected gift, or something of the sorts and then I will look to God and say, "Finally you are showing your steadfast love!" Although we would all be right to praise God for those blessings, we would be wrong to think that those are the only indications of his love. The Lord was with Joseph and loving him while he was in the prison God put him in. How many of us feel imprisoned? Whether it be a prison of brick or a prison of fear, a jail cell of bars or of doubt, whether we are captive to others or captive to loss and depression, if we are with Christ we can be assured that God is with us and loves us deeply. When I think about the truth that God is with me in both the prisons and the prosperity in my life, I rejoice! Isn't it wonderful that no matter where we are God is with us and we can trust that God's plan for us is perfect, even if at the time it seems unjust?

Lord Jesus, give us the strength to seek your steadfast love in the prison. You are with us and in your presence we rejoice!

No comments: