My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://codykimmel.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Modern Day Indulgence: The Prayer Cross

I just saw another commercial for the Prayer Cross, and I was once again outraged by it. Martin Luther renounced the selling of indulgences in his 95 Theses:

"The treasures of the indulgences are nets with which they now fish for the riches of men."

The Prayer Cross is a disgusting exploitation of Jesus that preys upon poor or lonely people searching for hope. They are wolves in sheep's clothing seducing the flock into buying a cheap piece of jewelery all the while promising peace and joy.

It is through Christ and Christ alone that people are saved and given hope. I hope this company shuts down, and I hope they can find Christ in the midst of their own lies.

"For my people have committed two evils:
they have forsaken me,
the fountain of living waters,
and hewed out cisterns for themselves,
broken cisterns that can hold no water."
Jeremiah 2:13

No comments: