My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://codykimmel.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Boldness of the Apostles

So recently I've been reading through the book of Acts and I'm amazed how bold the apostles were in the way they shared the gospel then. They were almost rude about it at times. When Stephen delivers his final sermon he closes with a fairly vindictive indictment of the Jews prosecuting him. This happens over and over again throughout the book of Acts. It made a lot of people mad, but it made the gospel very clear to those listening.

It has challenged me in the way I think of sharing the truth about Jesus. When I talk about Him and scriptural truth, I'm very often delicate in the way I talk about it. I don't want to offend or "turn people away" so I often tip toe around the sins of others and the full power of the truth. I wish I didn't do this and could have the boldness of the Apostles. It might get me in more trouble, but it also wouldn't water down the gospel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cody! Hope you are doing well, I had no idea that you owned an SEO company- that is what I do! Most people have no idea what I'm talking about when I say "SEO". So cool!

When I read your post, I thought of a memory that I had of you. I don't even know you very well- but I remember choir tour in Washington DC- and you witnessing to Sisters (or maybe jsut one girl, its really hard to remember) after our performance, and I think she was very against God, and Christianity because of a harsh Catholic upbringing. If I remember correctly- you were really bold with her, and brought her to Christ. (I hope I am remembering this right, and it was you and not someone else, LOL that would be embarrassing) You were totally bold then. I feel like I was much bolder about sharing Jesus with people when I was younger then I am now. I guess my faith was a little more child like, and I didn't even know (or care) how harshly I could be judged.
Thanks for this awesome post.